A type of submarine sandwich, typically grilled, especially with ham, roast pork, Swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles.
- ‘When I lived in L.A. I made 30-minute drives to Silverlake to eat Cuban sandwiches at an un-airconditioned dump at the side of the road.’
- ‘Sharks don't swarm to blood quite as quickly as a group of sportswriters to a fresh tray of Cuban sandwiches.’
- ‘They have some of the best roast pork and Cuban sandwiches in town.’
- ‘Perhaps in deference to his guests, lunch is surprisingly all-American; instead of grilled Cuban sandwiches or rice and beans from Marcelo's favorite Latin diner, one of the tables is laid out with cold cuts, pickles, and side salads.’
- ‘Realizing that I still had work to do, I switched gears, listened to my inner heart-attack victim and decided I wanted a a cigarette and a Cuban sandwich.’