A moderately high straight-sided heel on a shoe or boot.
wedge, wedge heel, stiletto, stiletto heel, platform heel, spike heel, kitten heel, louis heel, stacked heelView synonyms
- ‘The suits were outrageously bad so I went for the leather jacket and the Cuban heels which were fantastic.’
- ‘Wyoming, a permanent state of Stetson head and Cuban heel, was and still is the heart of the Wild West.’
- ‘Some have a Cuban heel and some have outlandish fancy tassels hanging from them.’
- ‘You have a tendency to march to a different beat, but this month you need to get in step with your psychic drummer, and for this you will need new shoes - brown ones with a Cuban heel.’
- ‘The best kind are those with Cuban heels - you can't beat that.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.