One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Cuba or its people.‘a box of Cuban cigars’‘the Cuban national team’
- ‘Traditional Cuban food is the product of the mingling of Spanish and West African cuisines in the climate of the Caribbean.’
- ‘There is a tremendous general cultural interest in Cuban music and dance and the arts.’
- ‘Most teachers are Russian or Cuban and are excellent.’
- ‘Recent figures demonstrate that Americans of Cuban descent overwhelmingly identify themselves as Roman Catholics.’
- ‘He is an old Cuban fisherman who is a perfectionist when it comes to fishing.’
A native or inhabitant of Cuba, or a person of Cuban descent.‘the language spoken by nearly all Cubans is Spanish’
- ‘The Cubans are a dancing people - the young people even seem to walk in dance-time.’
- ‘Ramos, a Cuban by birth, has lived in the U.S. since the 1960s and is a pastor and historian.’
- ‘"The Cubans have reduced illiteracy almost to nil," he told reporters this week.’
- ‘Having a fellow Cuban on his team will only help him settle into the major league game.’
- ‘The economic success of professional Cubans, many of them children of Spaniards, ultimately transformed Miami's destiny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.