One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Cuba or its people.‘a box of Cuban cigars’‘the Cuban national team’
- ‘Most teachers are Russian or Cuban and are excellent.’
- ‘There is a tremendous general cultural interest in Cuban music and dance and the arts.’
- ‘He is an old Cuban fisherman who is a perfectionist when it comes to fishing.’
- ‘Traditional Cuban food is the product of the mingling of Spanish and West African cuisines in the climate of the Caribbean.’
- ‘Recent figures demonstrate that Americans of Cuban descent overwhelmingly identify themselves as Roman Catholics.’
A native or inhabitant of Cuba, or a person of Cuban descent.‘the language spoken by nearly all Cubans is Spanish’
- ‘The economic success of professional Cubans, many of them children of Spaniards, ultimately transformed Miami's destiny.’
- ‘Having a fellow Cuban on his team will only help him settle into the major league game.’
- ‘The Cubans are a dancing people - the young people even seem to walk in dance-time.’
- ‘Ramos, a Cuban by birth, has lived in the U.S. since the 1960s and is a pastor and historian.’
- ‘"The Cubans have reduced illiteracy almost to nil," he told reporters this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.