One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the junior branch of the Boy Scouts, for boys aged about 8 to 10.
- ‘We were all to eat at Glare's house, but her mother had held a Cub Scout meeting at her house that evening and didn't feel like cooking.’
- ‘What I didn't tell her was that I never wanted to be a Cub Scout.’
- ‘She was a Cub Scout leader for more than 20 years and served as district commissioner, and is very active in the Appleby community.’
- ‘I am stunned by the reaction because when I was a Cub Scout between the ages of 8 and 10, we were told to hold hands with our buddies when walking in amusement parks and queuing for mass transport.’
- ‘Plans are being finalised for the various Summer Camps for our Cubs and Scouts.’
- ‘He recalls demonstrating his loyalty to the United States by putting on his Cub Scout uniform and saluting the armed soldiers.’
- ‘A Cub Scout is stepping out in tribute to a younger member of his group.’
- ‘The Scout group has ten Cubs and 16 Beavers, both boys and girls, and there is a waiting list for new members.’
- ‘Literal stargazing is even rarer for radio astronomers, who are often hard put to identify even the most common constellations; a radio astronomer asked to test a Cub Scout for his Stargazer badge is a worried astronomer indeed!’
- ‘Each Cub Scout was charged an entrance fee of €2.’
- ‘The two men, who grew up together in Columbus, Ohio, and were once part of the same Cub Scout troop, are both seasoned entrepreneurs - and committed environmentalists.’
- ‘People would hang flags from their porches, the high school band would march, and the Cub Scout troop would trudge along, right behind the block of World War II veterans, who seemed ancient.’
- ‘Summer Camps will be organised for Scouts, Cubs and Venturers during the month of July.’
- ‘Hands on bended knees, still implementing the breathing methods that he only half-remembered from his Cub Scout den leader, he plopped down on top of the cooler.’
- ‘Before making the return journey home, the Cub Scout groups were treated to a goodie bag provided by the organisers of the concert.’
- ‘This special event is open to all Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers in our Group.’
- ‘The Cub Scout who captured the nation's attention after he was lost in the Utah mountains is up and around already and reports that he's good.’
- ‘The two had been the best of friends since they were Cubs, and Randon was the leader of the two.’
- ‘Adam worked hard for his Cub Scout religious medal; it, too, is kept in his file, along with more mature letters Adam exchanged with our pastor when Adam was in his teens.’
- ‘Two pupils from the academy died during a Cub Scout trip to Yorkshire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.