One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science concerned with the structure and properties of crystals.
- ‘She threw herself into science - physics, chemistry and crystallography.’
- ‘The AFM topography shows excellent agreement to structural data from x-ray crystallography.’
- ‘The most basic means of resolving a protein structure are through experimental observations, such as x-ray crystallography and certain forms of NMR spectroscopy.’
- ‘Protein crystallography reveals that the fundamental unit of protein structure is the domain.’
- ‘In crystallography and other fields of research, the structure factor is often computed by x-ray diffraction to characterize the microstructure of small molecules.’
- ‘X-ray crystallography and NMR can measure static structure or at most temperature factors but provide no information about modes, and therefore dynamics and function.’
- ‘The light-induced structural changes of photointermediates trapped at low temperature have been explored by x-ray crystallography and by electron microscopy.’
- ‘Do you want to see exhibits about rocks and petrology, fossils, the geological history of Earth, how minerals form, crystallography, or properties and uses of minerals?’
- ‘For such a comparison to be completed, the availability of the atomic structure from x-ray crystallography and/or from NMR spectroscopy is very helpful.’
- ‘His interests were always wide and this is reflected in the range of courses that he was teaching around this time: descriptive geometry, crystallography, optics, mechanics and machine design.’
- ‘Her crystallography was crucial to the subsequent elucidation of DNA structure and replication.’
- ‘His other contributions to astronomy, botany, crystallography, electrochemistry, optics and physiology are also substantial.’
- ‘In her lifetime she would go on to be one of the most influential figures in establishing the science of crystallography.’
- ‘Protein crystallography provides the structure of a protein, averaged over all elementary cells during data collection time.’
- ‘The quality of the computed structures has been evaluated by several techniques borrowed from crystallography.’
- ‘Enantiomorphism is a term used in crystallography to denote the relationship between two molecules or other forms that mirror each other across a single axis.’
- ‘Unfortunately, we could not solve its structure by x-ray crystallography as crystallization trials have failed so far.’
- ‘Electron crystallography has been widely applied to determine the structures of biological macromolecules.’
- ‘Its discovery opened a new branch in crystallography.’
- ‘Secondary structure was assigned according to known crystallography structures and is shown at the bottom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.