One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite the attempts of crystallographers to catch IGP synthase in its functional form, to date, the only movement reported in these four residues was the slight bending of the last carbon-nitrogen group of K99.’
- ‘Batch crystallisation, unlike the tedious and time-consuming hunt for the perfect single crystal that dominates the lives of X-ray crystallographers, can be a simple, straightforward experiment.’
- ‘X-ray crystallographers determine the three-dimensional shape of a molecule by blasting a beam of X-rays through a crystallized sample of the molecule and then analyzing the pattern of the scattered beam.’
- ‘Because many crystallographers have their preferred crystallization techniques, experimental work is needed to discern whether these patterns represent human preferences or real chemical associations.’
- ‘The application of the crystallographic method to other proteins was a gradual process, because of the great technical difficulties and the relatively small number of crystallographers working in the field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.