The study of codes, or the art of writing and solving them.
- ‘I'm impressed - he should consider a sideline in archeology or cryptology.’
- ‘Perhaps his greatest achievements were introducing mathematical and scientific methods into cryptology and producing training materials used by several generations of pupils.’
- ‘The Army is especially interested in Sailors with skills that translate easily to Army jobs, including cryptology, fire control, air traffic control and mechanics.’
- ‘During World War I, they both taught cryptology to Army officers.’
- ‘Cracking the ancient code of hieroglyphics was once considered one of the greatest feats of cryptology.’
- ‘Then from 1941 he was engaged in research on meteorology, cryptology and aerodynamics.’
- ‘Most of those involved had little or no prior experience with cryptology.’