One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of codes, or the art of writing and solving them.
- ‘The Army is especially interested in Sailors with skills that translate easily to Army jobs, including cryptology, fire control, air traffic control and mechanics.’
- ‘Perhaps his greatest achievements were introducing mathematical and scientific methods into cryptology and producing training materials used by several generations of pupils.’
- ‘Most of those involved had little or no prior experience with cryptology.’
- ‘I'm impressed - he should consider a sideline in archeology or cryptology.’
- ‘Then from 1941 he was engaged in research on meteorology, cryptology and aerodynamics.’
- ‘During World War I, they both taught cryptology to Army officers.’
- ‘Cracking the ancient code of hieroglyphics was once considered one of the greatest feats of cryptology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.