One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When asked whether they were more important than his political career, he cryptically replied ‘Yes, of course.’’
- ‘On those occasions when we had to leave suddenly or silently on her account, my mother would flush with excitement and speak cryptically to me, her sentences spare and hurried.’
- ‘Its billboards typically featured postmodern designs in bright colors that depicted the pieces of a jigsaw, or single images with cryptically clever questions.’
- ‘He replied cryptically: " The earth is rotating and is round.’
- ‘‘It's got certain connotations for him,’ says Perry, cryptically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.