One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument used to determine the freezing point of a liquid or a solution.
- ‘The thermistor measures the temperature of the sample on the Celsius scale and at the same time the digital indicator of the cryoscope displays the temperature decrease in the tested milk.’
- ‘Conventional cryoscopes and osmometers can be modified to achieve the desired non-adiabatic thermodynamics of the chilling chamber during freezing-point determination as will be described below.’
- ‘The single-sample cryoscope includes the following new features to enhance usability and make it easy to update:.’
- ‘For many years the cryoscope has been used to detect added water, but when salt is included with the added water, the cryoscope is no longer useful for its intended purpose.’
- ‘Present cryoscope technology is semi-automated and utilizes the Freezing Point depression method.’
- ‘Producers judge cryoscope performance on the basis of equipment reliability, up time, and throughput.’
- ‘A cryoscope tests for the amount of water and tests to determine antibiotic levels are completed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.