One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protein which occurs in the blood in certain disorders. It can be precipitated out of solution below 10°C, causing obstruction in the fingers and toes.
- ‘The results of an autoantibody screen and testing for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies were negative, complements were normal, and cryoglobulins were not detected.’
- ‘A prospective study was then undertaken using serum from 100 consecutive patients with various monoclonal gammopathies and from 13 patients with polyclonal hypergammaglobulinemia and cryoglobulins.’
- ‘RF, cryoglobulins and anti LKMI antibodies were the most frequently detected markers.’
- ‘He also suggests potential autoimmune tests such as the rheumatoid factor for rheumatoid arthritis, cryoglobulins for cryoglobulinemia as well as the erythrocyte sedimentation rate for evidence of general inflammation.’
- ‘Testing for human immunodeficiency virus and viral hepatitis was negative, as were tests for cryoglobulins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.