One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pedestrian safety has not been overlooked either: with the bonnet, engine cowl and front bumper having a crushable design.’
- ‘A well-designed protective helmet comprises an outer semi-rigid shell and a suspension system either of a strap harness or a layer of crushable foam beneath the shell.’
- ‘Made of crushable nylon for easy storage, it's the perfect casual bag. $85’
- ‘The car has been given a safety make-over, too, with crushable zones designed to absorb a collision in a controlled way and keeping the car's occupants safer, while side impact beams are fitted in the front and back doors.’
- ‘These flowers combine every virtue, the portentous groan of brass, the blackish sheen of crimson: to the eye, the crushable texture of velvet, but to the fingertip, the bruise of baby skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.