An elongated part of an anatomical structure, especially one that occurs in the body as a pair.See crus cerebri
lower limb, shankView synonyms
- ‘In internal collapse the lateral crus was dissected free and graft placed more internally.’
- ‘The lower lateral cartilages become shortened at the medial crura and elongated and displaced in the lateral crura.’
- ‘If the anterior crus is even partially visible it may be ‘lasered’, thus partially devascularising it.’
- ‘The brachial valve contains short crura and a prominent, branched cardinal process.’
- ‘These points are located between the crura and the other connected structures.’
Early 18th century: Latin, literally leg.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.