One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for light heavyweight
- ‘Today, Ali would be a ‘small Heavyweight ‘based on his peak weight and Joe Louis would be a cruiserweight at his best!’’
- ‘Last night in Reading, the powerful cruiserweight demonstrated to all just why many consider him to be the torchbearer for the future of British boxing.’
- ‘I consider myself fast for a cruiserweight but it did take me a few sparring sessions to work him out.’
- ‘How would he have done if he boxed as a cruiserweight?’
- ‘I fought as a cruiserweight, and I won the fight by 5th round Knockout.’
- 1.1 In professional boxing, a weight between light heavyweight and heavyweight, ranging from 175 to 190 pounds (79 to 85 kg)
- ‘The American had never been stopped before in a career spanning over 50 fights, most of which were contested at light heavyweight and cruiserweight.’
- ‘He looked good in his last fight, but that was at cruiserweight and he had to stay in shape.’
- ‘Booth is one of the most experienced boxers in the country, having fought more than 100 fights and having challenged for British, European and Commonwealth titles at both light-heavyweight and cruiserweight.’
- ‘Like his counterpart Sugar Ray Leonard, he won multiple world titles in multiple weight divisions all the way up to cruiserweight.’
- ‘He is a much better puncher at cruiserweight than at the less weights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.