One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of cosmetics or other commercial products) manufactured or developed by methods that do not involve experimentation on animals.
- ‘As for cruelty-free labeling, this may only indicate that the finished product may not have been tested on animals, but that its specific components have.’
- ‘It is committed to peaceful campaigns against all forms of animal abuse and promotes a cruelty-free lifestyle.’
- ‘And, you can be sure that these soaps are environmentally safe and cruelty-free to boot.’
- ‘Most major companies advertise cruelty-free products and the idea of testing on humans is much more widespread.’
- ‘Town and country, farmers and consumers, politicians and commerce must work together to encourage a new approach to farming that emphasises organic, sustainable, local and cruelty-free methods.’
- ‘It includes everything from straightforward vegetarian and vegan recipes and nutritional information, to cruelty-free fashion and information on veggie events from Alaska to Manchester.’
- ‘They believe they hold in their hands the beginnings of a brave new world of cruelty-free meat.’
- ‘It is surely inevitable that in order to provide a safe food supply, we must dispense with factory farms, and other intensive food production enterprises, and return to small-scale, cruelty-free food production geared to local demand.’
- ‘Meanwhile I've been trying out cruelty-free products that should give your skin and face a real glow.’
- ‘These cruelty-free products have not been certified by the Federal Food and Drug Administration authorities.’
- ‘Many natural products are cruelty-free, too (again, check the label), so you can rest assured that no cute little bunnies had to suffer for your vanity.’
- ‘My personal guess is that if you take these issues into account, you can have a cruelty-free fish tank.’
- ‘With the school holidays here, I urge readers to encourage their children to take up a cruelty-free activity.’
- ‘They are cruelty-free and contain no artificial colors or animal by-products.’
- ‘Here are some tips for indulging in cruelty-free style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.