Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Either of a pair of ligaments in the knee that cross each other and connect the femur to the tibia.
- ‘Hyperextension can result in injury to the anterior cruciate ligament or posterior cruciate ligament.’
- ‘Those which took longest to recover involved the anterior cruciate ligament and knee cartilage.’
- ‘After having a scan, I have since found out that I've torn my medial ligament and ruptured my cruciate ligament as well.’
- ‘Primary stabilizers of the knee are the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments, the medial and lateral collateral ligaments, and the capsular ligaments.’
- ‘Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligaments is among the most common forms of knee injury, particularly among individuals who engage in sports.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.