One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of a pair of ligaments in the knee which cross each other and connect the femur to the tibia.
- ‘Those which took longest to recover involved the anterior cruciate ligament and knee cartilage.’
- ‘After having a scan, I have since found out that I've torn my medial ligament and ruptured my cruciate ligament as well.’
- ‘Primary stabilizers of the knee are the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments, the medial and lateral collateral ligaments, and the capsular ligaments.’
- ‘Hyperextension can result in injury to the anterior cruciate ligament or posterior cruciate ligament.’
- ‘Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligaments is among the most common forms of knee injury, particularly among individuals who engage in sports.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.