One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of soft-paste porcelain made at Derby, England, and often marked with a crown above the letter “D.”
- ‘But he still did nothing until a Crown Derby plate, which had been a wedding present to their late Mum and Dad, vibrated off its hook in the front room and smashed into a thousand pieces.’
- ‘Many of the exquisite Crown Derby china patterns are used in the decoration of the highly collectible Crown derby paperweights.’
- ‘Her ancestors were the founders of the Royal Crown Derby china.’
- ‘It was not until 1890, however, that Queen Victoria granted the company a royal warrant and Crown Derby became Royal Crown Derby Porcelain Company.’
- ‘In 1981 Royal Crown Derby widened their offering with an enchanting collection of paperweights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.