One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for corbiesteps
- ‘There are crow steps on the gables and a witch's turret on top of a round stair tower harking back to the 17th century.’
- ‘The Castle never had battlements or turrets, which would have been considered merely ornamental at this period; all four gables are finished with crow steps.’
- ‘This project typically works with the Scottish traditional architecture, often referred to as the Scots Baronial, the rustic architecture of towers and crow steps.’
- ‘The extension was not fortified and had no crow steps on its single gable.’
- ‘In the 16th century, the gables were crow-stepped and not with sloping sides, and later these crow steps were separated by curves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.