One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Small pieces of toasted or fried bread served with a topping as an appetizer or canapé.
- ‘Top each crostini with 2 sliced figs and arrange on the rocket.’
- ‘Buy some jars of pesto and serve on crostini with mozzarella, goat's cheese or roasted vegetables.’
- ‘Toast slices for crostini up to 1 day ahead; cool and store airtight at room temperature.’
- ‘Serve with crostini and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if desired.’
- ‘I wanted to make some kind of crostini (little toasts with a topping) because they are easy enough to assemble, they look pretty and they make a very satisfying finger food.’
Italian, plural of crostino ‘little crust’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.