One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open-faced fruit tart, often with a decorative lattice top.‘an apple crostata was served warm with a scoop of vanilla gelato’
- ‘Some more bites from the strolling tray: sesame grissini or breadstick and crostata or a thin cracker with dried fruits.’
- ‘Molten chocolate cake and heirloom apple crostata, both served with ice cream, were simply delicious.’
- ‘For dessert, Don had the key lime panna cotta and I had their peach crostata.’
- ‘Apple-cranberry crostata is delicious when the crust is crisp (one night it was soggy).’
- ‘When a chef deftly offers sesame cannoli and quince crostata as such easy pleasures, you know he is teasing - no, taunting - you to return.’
- ‘If you miss Mom's cherry pie, the crackling cherry crostata will make you want to call her.’
- ‘There's a tasteful brown-sugar cheesecake shaped like a tart, and a flaky apple crostata shaped like a small manhole cover.’
- ‘I preferred the just-baked crostata, a rustic apple pie constructed with sweet, bread-like dough.’
- ‘They included a warm roasted apple crostata (a free-form tart) and a super-gooey banana split.’
- ‘Then the last call came, so we had last small bites of our favorites from the tray - in my case muscat jelly, crostata, and fig with prosciutto.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.