One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open-faced fruit tart, often with a decorative lattice top.‘an apple crostata was served warm with a scoop of vanilla gelato’
- ‘Apple-cranberry crostata is delicious when the crust is crisp (one night it was soggy).’
- ‘When a chef deftly offers sesame cannoli and quince crostata as such easy pleasures, you know he is teasing - no, taunting - you to return.’
- ‘For dessert, Don had the key lime panna cotta and I had their peach crostata.’
- ‘Then the last call came, so we had last small bites of our favorites from the tray - in my case muscat jelly, crostata, and fig with prosciutto.’
- ‘I preferred the just-baked crostata, a rustic apple pie constructed with sweet, bread-like dough.’
- ‘Molten chocolate cake and heirloom apple crostata, both served with ice cream, were simply delicious.’
- ‘Some more bites from the strolling tray: sesame grissini or breadstick and crostata or a thin cracker with dried fruits.’
- ‘They included a warm roasted apple crostata (a free-form tart) and a super-gooey banana split.’
- ‘There's a tasteful brown-sugar cheesecake shaped like a tart, and a flaky apple crostata shaped like a small manhole cover.’
- ‘If you miss Mom's cherry pie, the crackling cherry crostata will make you want to call her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.