One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vault formed by the intersection of two or more vaults.
- ‘The cross vault rests on rectangular beams which are supported in the center by 5 round columns of 68 cm in diameter.’
- ‘This room is further characterised by four cross vaults on brick arches.’
- ‘Gothic cross vaults are preserved on the ground floor, the bosses bearing the arms of the regions of the Polish Kingdom.’
- ‘The 15th century gothic, three-nave St. Michael church with a cross vault is another historical monument.’
- ‘In the south-western and north-western wing original beautiful and richly profiled ribs of the cross vaults spring straightly from the walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.