Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A street crossing another or connecting two streets.
- ‘The cross streets most affected are 32nd, 38th and 46th streets, the report said.’
- ‘We plastered them all over, extending our target area to include several major cross streets, as well as two local dog parks.’
- ‘I hadn't been to the area in at least five or six years and I didn't even remember the cross street name anymore.’
- ‘The next cross street had a familiar name that she'd heard some place.’
- ‘The city's existing cross streets will be extended across the various sites, in roughly their pre-1950s configuration.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.