A street crossing another or connecting two streets.
- ‘The city's existing cross streets will be extended across the various sites, in roughly their pre-1950s configuration.’
- ‘The next cross street had a familiar name that she'd heard some place.’
- ‘I hadn't been to the area in at least five or six years and I didn't even remember the cross street name anymore.’
- ‘The cross streets most affected are 32nd, 38th and 46th streets, the report said.’
- ‘We plastered them all over, extending our target area to include several major cross streets, as well as two local dog parks.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.