Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The cooperative marketing by two or more companies of one another's products.
- ‘It is also a way to stretch an advertising budget because of the ability for cross promotion.’
- ‘This is, after all, cross-promotion at its most blatant.’
- ‘We can perhaps save some money in marketing expenses, while maximizing efforts for cross-promotion in those markets.’
- ‘Weaver did as he was told, and the cross-promotion brought an immediate increase in sales.’
- ‘This is really just harmless cross promotion, an advanced prep piece for the release, this fall, of the full title on DVD.’
- ‘But you have to be extremely picky about the sites you decide to engage in cross-promotion with.’
- ‘Cross promotion with these luxury automobile dealerships provides a rare opportunity to reach a high-level, active consumer.’
- ‘Not long after, The Mickey Mouse Club was born, and the driving force of the company became cross-promotion.’
- ‘Both Ten and Nine use the late news as cross promotion for other programs.’
- ‘These were posed on the air last week in a deft piece of cross-promotion.’
- ‘Warner execs would not provide statistics on how the cross-promotion has boosted video or studio store sales over the past 13 months.’
- ‘With everything nationalised and run by the same people there will be complete cross promotion of all services.’
- ‘Comcast said it plans to drive attendance at the parks through advertising and cross-promotion at attractions, hotels and concessions.’
- ‘Both are ubiquitous in terms of cross-promotion - from tobacco's Formula One racing to fast food's Disney tie-ins.’
- ‘It's cross promotion of a sort that the Packer group would be proud of.’
- ‘The execution in terms of leveraging across business units has not lived up to the promise, except perhaps in terms of cross promotion.’
- ‘It is difficult to walk anywhere in Tesco without encountering cross-promotion for its own services.’
- ‘He was instrumental in crafting Sprint's first cross promotion, a program with Burger King during the 1990 holiday season.’
- ‘Just Born slammed its way toward cool by getting on MTW through a national cross promotion last year with Atlantic Records.’
- ‘Cross promotions with other local retailers are also a very effective tool for advertising your site.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.