One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Lorraine cross
- ‘it is a white bordered blue shield on which is superimposed a cross of Lorraine.’
- ‘Mom manufactures us the small flags of blue-white-red with the small crosses of Lorraine, the de Gaulle symbol.’
- ‘The flags visible on the picture include a vertical version of the flag of Free France, with a black cross of Lorraine extending over the blue and white stripes.’
- ‘It is reached by a track, lined with crosses of Lorraine, that runs from El Adem.’
- ‘It took de Gaulle several months to officially adopt the cross of Lorraine as the emblem of the Free France.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.