The reaction of an antibody with an antigen other than the one that gave rise to it.
- ‘Participants with a history of adverse reactions to peas, beans, or peanuts were excluded because of possible cross reactions to soya protein.’
- ‘Prions exist in very low concentrations in the body, and the cross reaction with other proteins makes the identification of these prions difficult.’
- ‘Cross reactions occur between retroviral glycoproteins and lymphocyte surface receptors.’
- ‘The specificity for food allergen tests is generally low, partly because of cross reactions between some food groups.’
- ‘What we need to do is identify the proteins in this strain that cause this cross reaction.’