One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A protein that cross-reacts with antibodies to actinin has been identified.’
- ‘It was necessary to supplement blood with human fibrinogen because the antibody does not cross-react with canine fibrin.’
- ‘However, studies have shown that native DNA might actually be the cross-reacting antigen whereas modified nucleic acid polymers stimulate antibody response.’
- ‘The putative motor protein, cross-reacting with antimyosin antibodies, was shown to be associated with the surface of isolated Lemna chloroplasts.’
- ‘Preliminary experiments confirmed that these antibodies only cross-reacted with proteins of an expected size in E. nindensis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.