One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The posting of a message, link, image, etc., to more than one online location.‘I'm a fan of cross-posting, and consider it just another way in which people can reach a broad audience’‘abusive cross-postings have become a serious problem’
- ‘A reader has rightly pointed out that their figures for number of postings may be inflated due to cross-postings.’
- ‘Cross-posting from other forums is not allowed.’
- ‘I'll try to restrain myself from cross-posting on my other feed.’
- ‘Here's an e-mail I just got, apols for any cross-posting.’
- ‘Apologies for cross-posting.’
- ‘We have done our utmost to avoid cross-posting, but we apologise if you do receive this from more than one source.’
- ‘Please forgive the excessive cross-posting.’
- ‘For cross-postings, kindly use the active hyperlink address of the original article.’
- ‘I think that networking and cross-posting and being involved in as many groups as possible is always beneficial for any organization.’
- ‘The company also considers each media outpost an exclusive "channel," which means there is lots of cross-posting of content from different platforms to make sure users who only tune into one place are being best served.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.