One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The posting of a message, link, image, etc., to more than one online location.‘I'm a fan of cross-posting, and consider it just another way in which people can reach a broad audience’‘abusive cross-postings have become a serious problem’
- ‘A reader has rightly pointed out that their figures for number of postings may be inflated due to cross-postings.’
- ‘I think that networking and cross-posting and being involved in as many groups as possible is always beneficial for any organization.’
- ‘Here's an e-mail I just got, apols for any cross-posting.’
- ‘Cross-posting from other forums is not allowed.’
- ‘Please forgive the excessive cross-posting.’
- ‘The company also considers each media outpost an exclusive "channel," which means there is lots of cross-posting of content from different platforms to make sure users who only tune into one place are being best served.’
- ‘We have done our utmost to avoid cross-posting, but we apologise if you do receive this from more than one source.’
- ‘I'll try to restrain myself from cross-posting on my other feed.’
- ‘Apologies for cross-posting.’
- ‘For cross-postings, kindly use the active hyperlink address of the original article.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.