Able to be used on different types of computers or with different software packages.‘a cross-platform game’
- ‘It is a cross-platform word processor that can import your Word files.’
- ‘This makes it an excellent choice for developing cross-platform games without compromising performance.’
- ‘But really, the overwhelming majority of the software that runs on Linux is cross-platform.’
- ‘Another advantage of using Java is the cross-platform nature of the byte code that your source code is compiled into.’
- ‘This approach will allow us to realize the goal of true cross-platform multi-vendor interoperability.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.