Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compiler that can convert instructions into machine code or low level code for a computer other than that on which it is run.
- ‘This will download and compile the basic cross-compiler tool chain.’
- ‘Get step-by-step instructions for building a cross-compiler so that you can build and develop applications for an alternative platform.’
- ‘I found it to be a minor hassle to set up the cross-compilers but not too bad at all.’
- ‘To compile on Windows, you may need a cross-compiler.’
- ‘Here, we use the cross-compiler to demonstrate a simple program.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.