A compiler that can convert instructions into machine code or low level code for a computer other than that on which it is run.
- ‘To compile on Windows, you may need a cross-compiler.’
- ‘This will download and compile the basic cross-compiler tool chain.’
- ‘I found it to be a minor hassle to set up the cross-compilers but not too bad at all.’
- ‘Here, we use the cross-compiler to demonstrate a simple program.’
- ‘Get step-by-step instructions for building a cross-compiler so that you can build and develop applications for an alternative platform.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.