Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compiler that can convert instructions into machine code or low level code for a computer other than that on which it is run.
- ‘Here, we use the cross-compiler to demonstrate a simple program.’
- ‘This will download and compile the basic cross-compiler tool chain.’
- ‘I found it to be a minor hassle to set up the cross-compilers but not too bad at all.’
- ‘To compile on Windows, you may need a cross-compiler.’
- ‘Get step-by-step instructions for building a cross-compiler so that you can build and develop applications for an alternative platform.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.