One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Colored flashes of interference in a color television receiver caused by the misinterpretation of high-frequency luminance detail as color information.
- ‘The 2-dimension low pass filter reduces the cross-color to reproduce fine stripes and lattice patterns with the very minimum of color blur.’
- ‘A further reduction of cross-colour is obtained by reducing the vertical and temporal resolution of the interpolation function for the colour information.’
- ‘If you have a cross-color problem, you can try reducing your TV's color setting until the effect is reduced to your liking.’
- ‘Narrowing the filter bandwidth further merely smears out the cross-colour and smears the real colour too.’
- ‘No noticeable cross-colour or cross-luminance artefacts could be seen on the episodes and fine detail was rendered as through it had been shot on component video.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.