One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Colored flashes of interference in a color television receiver caused by the misinterpretation of high-frequency luminance detail as color information.
- ‘The 2-dimension low pass filter reduces the cross-color to reproduce fine stripes and lattice patterns with the very minimum of color blur.’
- ‘If you have a cross-color problem, you can try reducing your TV's color setting until the effect is reduced to your liking.’
- ‘No noticeable cross-colour or cross-luminance artefacts could be seen on the episodes and fine detail was rendered as through it had been shot on component video.’
- ‘A further reduction of cross-colour is obtained by reducing the vertical and temporal resolution of the interpolation function for the colour information.’
- ‘Narrowing the filter bandwidth further merely smears out the cross-colour and smears the real colour too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.