One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A claim brought by one defendant against another in the same proceeding.
- ‘Your Honour, you will see the cross-claim at page 16.’
- ‘I have just referred to the seventh cross-claim which is at page 171.’
- ‘On 21 August, which was the second day of hearing, leave was granted to file a cross-claim.’
- ‘Submissions have been made, your Honours, in relation to the cross-claim which the Barclay companies brought against the Council.’
- ‘His Honour simply granted leave to file the cross-claim.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.