Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Passing, occurring, or performed across a border between two countries.‘cross-border trade’
- ‘Is it a sign of a new cross-border cooperation when it comes to policing and the passing on of intelligence?’
- ‘Further, there has been a large increase in cross-border trade and investment in recent years.’
- ‘Business people are logical people and it is logical for cross-border trade to increase.’
- ‘This comes through maintaining strict border policies and running cross-border patrols.’
- ‘One thing the article doesn't mention is the potential for cross-border trade in Asia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.