One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Layering within a stratum and at an angle to the main bedding plane.
- ‘Lower Cretaceous tides revealed by cross-bedding with mud drapes.’
- ‘Intervals of siltstone and fine sandstone show climbing ripple lamination and low-angle cross-bedding.’
- ‘In addition to normal or planar bedding, other forms may be distinguished: tabular, wedge, lens, or irregular, in addition to cross-bedding, graded bedding, and rhythmic bedding.’
- ‘The large-scale cross-bedding shows that it was all laid down in deep, fast-flowing water in a matter of days.’
- ‘Intra-sedimentary faults, palaeochannels, and cross-bedding in sandstones and conglomerates are locally abundant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.