Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An assembler that can convert instructions into machine code for a computer other than that on which it is run.
- ‘This page lists assemblers, cross-assemblers, linkers, and librarians.’
- ‘He used such systems to develop and run his cross-assemblers and compilers.’
- ‘As such, cross-assemblers, cross-compilers, and emulators are the tools of the trade for the embedded systems developer.’
- ‘Our architecture uses the notion of reflection and design patterns to adapt dynamically the cross-assemblers to corresponding assembly languages.’
- ‘This tool, in combination with cross-assemblers, is the best self-invention and makes coding extremely easy and comfortable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.