Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An assembler which can convert instructions into machine code for a computer other than that on which it is run.
- ‘As such, cross-assemblers, cross-compilers, and emulators are the tools of the trade for the embedded systems developer.’
- ‘This page lists assemblers, cross-assemblers, linkers, and librarians.’
- ‘Our architecture uses the notion of reflection and design patterns to adapt dynamically the cross-assemblers to corresponding assembly languages.’
- ‘This tool, in combination with cross-assemblers, is the best self-invention and makes coding extremely easy and comfortable.’
- ‘He used such systems to develop and run his cross-assemblers and compilers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.