Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman's casual garment or undergarment for the upper body, cut short so that it reveals the stomach.
- ‘Then, she dashed upstairs and changed into a crop top and miniskirt.’
- ‘She replaced the pale yellow top with a petal pink crop top.’
- ‘Jenny looked gorgeous in a mini skirt and a cropped top.’
- ‘His catwalk show theme was nautical and used navy, red and white focusing on skinny trousers and cropped tops.’
- ‘My skin itched where the crop top had exposed a four-inch band of belly to dead grass.’
- ‘It hadn't started life out as a crop top, in fact it had formerly been a tee shirt which I'd attacked with a pair of cloth shears.’
- ‘I'd love, for example, to find out if those women with bulging midriffs, who wear cropped tops and low-slung jeans, really are convinced that they look good.’
- ‘It was a cropped top with short sleeves with a low neckline that bared my shoulders and some of my stomach.’
- ‘Guys especially like to see women in low waist pants paired with crop tops.’
- ‘It is part of a move away from overtly sexual clothing such as push-up bras, crop tops and low-cut jeans.’
- ‘The whirlpool rippled outwards, smoothed itself out and revealed a picture of Holly in a cute miniskirt and a crop top.’
- ‘She had abandoned all of her clothing and was now standing in only a crop top and a pair of plaid boxers.’
- ‘When she disappeared she was wearing a black crop top, light blue jeans, pink shoes, a black jacket and gold ear rings.’
- ‘You're parents would freak out if you wore a crop top baring your midriff but wearing a sari is perfectly acceptable.’
- ‘She wore a red sleeveless crop top under a jean jacket and long dark bell-bottom pants that almost covered her red basketball shoes.’
- ‘She was in nothing but a crop top and a pair of boxers.’
- ‘Standing behind me was this young girl with long brown hair and glasses with a crop top and jeans.’
- ‘Its inhabitants are grand old families more likely to be dressed in practical tweed suits than spangly synthetic crop tops.’
- ‘She was wearing a white short - sleeved crop top, black pants, and a black ribbon choker.’
- ‘Then a group of teenage girls got on, all done up in glitter, crop tops and tight jeans.’
crop top/ˈkräp ˌtäp/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.