One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's casual garment or undergarment for the upper body, cut short so that it reveals the stomach.
- ‘The whirlpool rippled outwards, smoothed itself out and revealed a picture of Holly in a cute miniskirt and a crop top.’
- ‘When she disappeared she was wearing a black crop top, light blue jeans, pink shoes, a black jacket and gold ear rings.’
- ‘She replaced the pale yellow top with a petal pink crop top.’
- ‘She wore a red sleeveless crop top under a jean jacket and long dark bell-bottom pants that almost covered her red basketball shoes.’
- ‘I'd love, for example, to find out if those women with bulging midriffs, who wear cropped tops and low-slung jeans, really are convinced that they look good.’
- ‘Then a group of teenage girls got on, all done up in glitter, crop tops and tight jeans.’
- ‘Guys especially like to see women in low waist pants paired with crop tops.’
- ‘My skin itched where the crop top had exposed a four-inch band of belly to dead grass.’
- ‘It hadn't started life out as a crop top, in fact it had formerly been a tee shirt which I'd attacked with a pair of cloth shears.’
- ‘She was wearing a white short - sleeved crop top, black pants, and a black ribbon choker.’
- ‘You're parents would freak out if you wore a crop top baring your midriff but wearing a sari is perfectly acceptable.’
- ‘She was in nothing but a crop top and a pair of boxers.’
- ‘Jenny looked gorgeous in a mini skirt and a cropped top.’
- ‘His catwalk show theme was nautical and used navy, red and white focusing on skinny trousers and cropped tops.’
- ‘Its inhabitants are grand old families more likely to be dressed in practical tweed suits than spangly synthetic crop tops.’
- ‘It was a cropped top with short sleeves with a low neckline that bared my shoulders and some of my stomach.’
- ‘Then, she dashed upstairs and changed into a crop top and miniskirt.’
- ‘Standing behind me was this young girl with long brown hair and glasses with a crop top and jeans.’
- ‘It is part of a move away from overtly sexual clothing such as push-up bras, crop tops and low-cut jeans.’
- ‘She had abandoned all of her clothing and was now standing in only a crop top and a pair of plaid boxers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.