One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The spraying of powdered or liquid insecticide or fertilizer on crops, especially from the air.
- ‘According to Time magazine, this was all in response to the FBI finding instructional material on crop dusting in the apartment of one of the attackers.’
- ‘The five ton aircraft normally carries about two tons of crop dusting chemicals.’
- ‘The profession of crop dusting often requires a pilot to be fairly mobile and migrate to where the work is.’
- ‘The United States imposes a one-day ban on crop dusting planes over concerns about a possible chemical weapon attack.’
- ‘Some 40 years ago lethal chemicals were dropped on the Wiltshire countryside by crop dusting planes and tested on volunteer soldiers who had no idea of the risks.’
- ‘A manual on crop dusting was found in a suspected terrorist hideout - raising the spectre that they were planning to use chemical or biological weapons.’
- ‘As the result of this being used for crop dusting and cloud seeding, the corrosive effects of the chemicals did considerable damage to the structure.’
- ‘For your birthday, I bought you a crop dusting plane.’
- ‘Did you notice something strange about it when they were coming by every weekend to ask about crop dusting?’
- ‘He started a crop dusting and spraying business which became quite successful.’
- ‘He runs a crop dusting business in Florida and he was suspicious about some people who wanted to learn about flying those planes.’
- ‘‘In crop dusting, the farmers would buy and supply the actual chemicals,’ he says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.