One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of standing crops that has been flattened in the form of a circle or more complex pattern. No general cause of crop circles has been identified although various natural and unorthodox explanations have been put forward; many of the circles are known to have been hoaxes.
- ‘A crop circle in Ontario this year attracted more than 5,000 people to the site.’
- ‘The first-ever crop circle formation was recorded in London, England in 1647.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that a crop circle can be created in less than an hour by a team of men using only a rope and stake.’
- ‘People have reported feeling nauseous after stepping into a crop circle, only returning to normal after leaving its boundaries.’
- ‘As the crop circle phenomenon gained momentum, formations have also been reported in Australia, South Africa, China, Russia, and many other countries, frequently in close proximity to ancient sacred sites.’
- ‘This close-up of a crop circle shows how the grain has been flattened to create the pattern.’
- ‘It is the largest crop circle reported so far this year in UK.’
- ‘On the return flight he noticed another crop circle near the one he had visited earlier in the day and swears that the new circle was not there just forty-five minutes earlier.’
- ‘It was his first investigation of a crop circle since becoming a volunteer.’
- ‘I was taking a group of crop circle enthusiasts from London on a crop circle visit and this was the event I had chosen.’
- ‘I was very disappointed by your recent crop circle story;’
- ‘A farmer claims to have witnessed the formation of a crop circle in a barley field.’
- ‘Last week I even gave a talk at a crop circle convention in Glastonbury.’
- ‘I was an eyewitness to a crop circle forming in the Netherlands in Aug. 2000.’
- ‘With these images she offers her explanation for the crop circle phenomenon.’
- ‘I have always been interested in the unexplained since I was a child and so I fell quite naturally into the crop circle scenario.’
- ‘A local newspaper reported a crop circle was found nearby.’
- ‘One day a crop circle appeared in our cornfield.’
- ‘They wake one morning to discover that a crop circle has materialized in their field.’
- ‘The action starts when Graham awakens one morning to discover flattened stalks in his immense cornfields, forming a mysterious and inexplicably huge crop circle pattern.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.