One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A squash of a club-shaped variety with a curved neck and warty skin.
- ‘The notoriously prolific zucchini is perhaps the best-known summer squash, but the group also includes chayote, yellow crookneck and straightneck squash, as well as pattypans.’
- ‘Slice zucchini and crookneck squash lengthwise, brush with olive oil, and roast with sliced onions and red sweet peppers.’
- ‘Like a lot of other squash types, the female flowers of crooknecks are much larger than the male blossoms.’
- ‘Types of summer squash include the zucchini, straightnecks, crooknecks, and scallops.’
- ‘The yellow crooknecks have a delicious strong flavor, which is why they are a favorite for us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.