One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large predatory semiaquatic reptile of an order that comprises the crocodiles, alligators, caimans, and gharial. Crocodilians are distinguished by long jaws, short legs, and a powerful tail.
- ‘Deliberate stone and soil swallowing has been reported for modem snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodilians serving to macerate digesta.’
- ‘Caiman belong to the group known as crocodilians, which also includes alligators and crocodiles.’
- ‘In other species, such as monitor lizards and crocodilians, the lungs are partitioned into chambers made up of an intricate net of support structures.’
- ‘Truly cold-blooded animals like lizards, newts, turtles, and crocodilians, which are superabundant farther south are missing, he said.’
- ‘They are found in mammals, turtles, squamates, and crocodilians, as well as a few bird taxa, particularly ratites and ducks.’
Relating to crocodilians.
- ‘A massive crocodilian creature began rising from the tip of the mountain.’
- ‘The skin of the saltwater crocodile produces the highest quality leather of the world's crocodilian species.’
- ‘The large body size and short legs suggest that these animals lived mostly in the water, where they adopted a crocodilian life-style.’
- ‘Only two crocodilian groups had sparser, and therefore less sensitive, strings of the holes running along their jaws.’
- ‘They've got these crocodilian jaws that just crunch off huge chunks of meat and bone, and then they just swallow it all.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.