One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1North American Drunk.‘his party guests were pretty crocked’
- ‘On the surface, of course, the trip seemed like a fantastic lark - drive to Louisville, do some interviews, and get crocked with the good Doctor.’
- ‘They honored some mischievous actions taken while the doer was mind-swimmingly crocked.’
- ‘By then they were sufficiently crocked on Bulgarian plonk not to notice.’
- ‘It wouldn't be long before Bill would show up at some meeting just crocked.’
- ‘He and his 15-year-old brother got crocked at a party.’
2British (especially of a sports player) unable to play or perform due to injury.‘he replaced the crocked captain early in the game’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.