One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are department-store tents of amateur watercolourists, amateur kiddie crocheters, flower dryers, mud turners, cancerous candle makers, rag-doll knotters and metal benders.’
- ‘Basically it's like a Secret Santa for knitters and crocheters, and you send gifts to your secret pal over the course of 3 months.’
- ‘This would also work for knitters and crocheters, as a yarn storage solution.’
- ‘Indeed, Stevens's biography on his US label's website identifies him as ‘a graphic designer, an amateur seamster, a crocheter of ski caps, and a writer of short fiction’.’
- ‘The council does not distinguish between knitting and crocheting, nor does it report the number of men who are skilled knitters or crocheters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.