One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The earliest form of modern human in Europe, associated with the Aurignacian flint industry. Their appearance c.35,000 years ago marked the beginning of the Upper Paleolithic and the apparent decline and disappearance of Neanderthal man; the group persisted at least into the Neolithic period.
- ‘Based on examination of fossilized skulls, it appears that Cro-Magnon man possessed the necessary physical equipment for speech.’
- ‘Back in 1868, in the small town of Eyzies, the skeleton of a 30,000-year-old Cro-Magnon man was discovered, marking it as a place occupied by the very earliest settlers.’
- ‘He excelled in both, as a professor of surgery at the Bicetre in Paris and as a noted anthropologist dealing with a plethora of subjects, including the Cro-Magnon man and Neolithic trephination.’
- ‘The best known human fossils are of Cro-Magnon man (whose marvelous paintings are found on the walls of caves in France) and Neandertal man.’
- ‘Our earliest human ancestor, Cro-Magnon man, needed to control his environment in specific ways to avoid starving or being eaten by predators.’
Cro-Magnon, the name of a hill in the Dordogne, France, where remains were found in 1868.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.