One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sequence of stages determining the minimum time needed for an operation, especially when analyzed on a computer for a large organization.
- ‘Who is on the critical path in the business process?’
- ‘This technique provides an ability to identify those tasks on the critical path - a task or process for which any deviation in time will affect the overall process, activity, or project time.’
- ‘It identifies three dimensions along the critical path to be addressed: safety assessment, evaluation of medical utility, and product industrialization.’
- ‘Figure 10 is the stochastic critical path for a NASA space exploration mission.’
- ‘Academics and computer buffs used it but it was yet to become the critical path for business.’
- ‘The deterministic critical path is the critical path that is determined without the consideration of risk; it is the collection of tasks that determine the total completion time of the project.’
- ‘The processor executes critical path computation instructions as long as a critical path instruction can be started without causing a pipeline stall.’
- ‘The adjudicator used a different methodology to that which either party had put forward and made his own independent analysis of the critical path.’
- ‘Then compute the probability that the critical path will not fail.’
- ‘The social informatics framework draws attention to actions, events, people and processes that are often ignored and allows explanations to be pursued and critical paths to be identified.’
- ‘While the company bought some of the software from outside vendors, it is now focusing on building capacity in critical paths - and is continuously re-evaluating what those paths are.’
- ‘Traditional management tools such as the program evaluation and review technique, the critical path method, or engineering management software are sufficient to establish most of the decision times in a program.’
- ‘We set priorities, milestones, critical paths and follow all the normal project framework you would expect.’
- ‘The whole development process was re-written and the critical path was changed.’
- ‘Needing people to inspect forms is a process bottleneck and not in the critical path.’
- ‘Rigid strategic planning methods, such as those using the critical path method coupled with risk analysis, have proven inadequate for the high complexity and dynamics of large public acquisition projects.’
- ‘To determine the critical path, the project team must identify assignments necessary for progress, particularly tasks that are essential to the successful outcome of the project.’
- ‘Interdependence is cooperation on the critical path of the project as well as on functional systems with each participant still controlling their part of the project.’
- ‘There was no time to prepare specs, bids or permit applications; no time to negotiate fees, contracts or labor agreements; no time to develop management plans or critical paths.’
- ‘A successful program will minimize distractions, allowing management to concentrate on the critical paths that contain system components most sensitive to cost and schedule.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.