One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sequence of stages determining the minimum time needed for an operation, especially when analyzed on a computer for a large organization.
- ‘We set priorities, milestones, critical paths and follow all the normal project framework you would expect.’
- ‘To determine the critical path, the project team must identify assignments necessary for progress, particularly tasks that are essential to the successful outcome of the project.’
- ‘Who is on the critical path in the business process?’
- ‘Then compute the probability that the critical path will not fail.’
- ‘There was no time to prepare specs, bids or permit applications; no time to negotiate fees, contracts or labor agreements; no time to develop management plans or critical paths.’
- ‘Academics and computer buffs used it but it was yet to become the critical path for business.’
- ‘The whole development process was re-written and the critical path was changed.’
- ‘Rigid strategic planning methods, such as those using the critical path method coupled with risk analysis, have proven inadequate for the high complexity and dynamics of large public acquisition projects.’
- ‘It identifies three dimensions along the critical path to be addressed: safety assessment, evaluation of medical utility, and product industrialization.’
- ‘This technique provides an ability to identify those tasks on the critical path - a task or process for which any deviation in time will affect the overall process, activity, or project time.’
- ‘The deterministic critical path is the critical path that is determined without the consideration of risk; it is the collection of tasks that determine the total completion time of the project.’
- ‘The social informatics framework draws attention to actions, events, people and processes that are often ignored and allows explanations to be pursued and critical paths to be identified.’
- ‘Figure 10 is the stochastic critical path for a NASA space exploration mission.’
- ‘A successful program will minimize distractions, allowing management to concentrate on the critical paths that contain system components most sensitive to cost and schedule.’
- ‘The adjudicator used a different methodology to that which either party had put forward and made his own independent analysis of the critical path.’
- ‘Interdependence is cooperation on the critical path of the project as well as on functional systems with each participant still controlling their part of the project.’
- ‘While the company bought some of the software from outside vendors, it is now focusing on building capacity in critical paths - and is continuously re-evaluating what those paths are.’
- ‘The processor executes critical path computation instructions as long as a critical path instruction can be started without causing a pipeline stall.’
- ‘Needing people to inspect forms is a process bottleneck and not in the critical path.’
- ‘Traditional management tools such as the program evaluation and review technique, the critical path method, or engineering management software are sufficient to establish most of the decision times in a program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.