One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compartment at the bottom of a refrigerator for storing fruit and vegetables.
- ‘She took the vegetables out of the crisper and found herself thinking again how nice it would be to have a frost-free fridge.’
- ‘Some people keep their bulbs in the refrigerator crisper drawer, taking care to avoid storing them with ripening fruit.’
- ‘Place unwashed kale in a plastic bag and keep it in the vegetable crisper of your refrigerator for up to a week.’
- ‘On a visit to India, Kim came up with a refrigerator with an extra-large crisper and small freezer for a nation of vegetarians.’
- ‘The online reviewing biz is not for the squeamish - our turnover rate is high, with the average writer lasting less time than fresh cilantro in the crisper.’
- ‘Don't plant tulips yet, but put them in the fridge crisper for around six weeks and plant in May.’
- ‘I'm not that thrilled about stocking the freezer with former pets - isn't there enough fur in the salad crisper already?’
- ‘Patty arranged the large cutting board on the counter and went to the crisper for the vegetables.’
- ‘Keep them in a closed bag in your refrigerator crisper drawer.’
- ‘The best way of keeping it fresh is to put it in a perforated plastic bag and keep it in the crisper.’
- ‘Advanced features such as electronic controls, humidity-sealed crispers and an adjustable-temperature meat storage drawer keep groceries fresh, crisp and cold.’
- ‘Fresh spinach can be dried and packed loosely in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator crisper.’
- ‘The crisper drawer contains two apples, a bag of black seedless grapes, and a bulb of garlic.’
- ‘Crisp green stems should be loosely wrapped in paper towel and kept in the crisper.’
- ‘Save the vegetable crisper for lettuce and carrots.’
- ‘Put them into a plastic bag with a number of small holes, and put these in a cold root cellar or in the crisper of the refrigerator.’
- ‘And, be a darling and get the eggplant out from the vegetable crisper, will you?’
- ‘You know, those shriveled brown vegetables down in the vegetable crisper?’
- ‘To chill bulbs in the refrigerator, just store them in a mesh or paper bag in the crisper section until they're ready to be forced.’
- ‘Now is the time to plant those hyacinth and tulip bulbs that you have had chilling in the crisper of the refrigerator.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.