Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Software distributed with reduced functionality with a view to attracting payment for a fully functional version.
- ‘It's crippleware that also has a service connection charge’
- ‘Previous attempts to sell Windows crippleware to general consumers failed locally, we understand, because the consumers simply got hold of a pirate copy of Windows and installed it instead.’
- ‘‘People are not going to buy crippleware’.’
- ‘It's ridiculous that Apple ships such an integral part of the Apple ‘experience’, as crippleware.’
- ‘Which we take as a tacit admission that the various crippleware schemes that the labels have tried, in an attempt to prevent audio CDs being ripped, have failed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.