One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crime, typically a murder, committed in a fit of sexual jealousy.
- ‘The Italian court won't grant a divorce, but a crime passionnel warrants a judicial wink and a nod.’
- ‘He declared himself spellbound by something uniquely French, the crime passionnel, or crime of passion.’
- ‘As in France, Monégasque justice is very lenient to what is called crime passionnel.’
- ‘As he discovers, le crime passionnel, a concept originating in France, has a special place in many legal codes around the world.’
- ‘No book on crime would be complete without mention of the crime passionnel, and in his chapter on this subject he includes useful hints on self-defence in the case of sexual assault.’
French, ‘crime of passion’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.