One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crime, typically a murder, committed in a fit of sexual jealousy.
- ‘As he discovers, le crime passionnel, a concept originating in France, has a special place in many legal codes around the world.’
- ‘The Italian court won't grant a divorce, but a crime passionnel warrants a judicial wink and a nod.’
- ‘No book on crime would be complete without mention of the crime passionnel, and in his chapter on this subject he includes useful hints on self-defence in the case of sexual assault.’
- ‘He declared himself spellbound by something uniquely French, the crime passionnel, or crime of passion.’
- ‘As in France, Monégasque justice is very lenient to what is called crime passionnel.’
French, ‘crime of passion’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.