One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of working to reduce the incidence of crime.
- ‘An article in the match programme highlighted the new crime-fighting tool and in future it will be on advertising boards around the ground.’
- ‘It was declared by police chiefs as the best crime-fighting weapon since the development of DNA analysis.’
- ‘The late '70s was an era when chicks ruled television, especially crime-fighting action chicks.’
- ‘The company is responsible for laying the fibre optics vital for crime-fighting surveillance.’
- ‘The United States also agreed to help train Mexican authorities in crime-fighting techniques.’
- ‘Police have revealed what an average weekend of crime-fighting means for officers at the front line in Swindon.’
- ‘He said better results at crime-fighting could be realised if resources in the police service were better utilised and managed.’
- ‘Towns taking part in the scheme must achieve high standards with businesses, police and other crime-fighting organisations working closely together.’
- ‘Now renamed Marley, he is the latest addition to the Greater Manchester Police four-legged crime-fighting team.’
- ‘They became more for show than for crime-fighting.’
- ‘Smaller communities could lose out on crime-fighting cash if police forces are merged in our region, MPs warned today.’
- ‘Criminals are being warned that Police, Camera, Action-style crime-fighting is coming to Swindon.’
- ‘The latest in crime-fighting communications technology can save a police officer's life by enabling colleagues to find him through a GPS transmitter in his handset.’
- ‘Mr Crook said people could approach the police, or crime-fighting organisation Safer York Partnership, in confidence if they wished.’
- ‘Suddenly, he has spider speed and crime-fighting strength.’
- ‘Federal funds also supported a variety of local programs that allowed the police to be more aggressive in their crime-fighting strategies.’
- ‘Following the success of the first Copshop, a second Copshop was added to Bolton Police's crime-fighting armoury.’
- ‘Research had shown that street-level police culture rested on an action and crime-fighting orientation.’
- ‘Colchester police want to establish crime-fighting business watches in the borough.’
- ‘He always had good legal and crime-fighting advice, and could tell us what the police could and couldn't do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.