One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who plays cricket.‘he is a very young and talented cricketer’
- ‘Our test cricketers had scored an impressive run of victories.’
- ‘I was sometimes playing against former test cricketers.’
- ‘He is a New Zealand cricketer who bowls right-hand fast-medium.’
- ‘Although this is supposed to be the off season for our leading cricketers, some of them are playing county cricket in England.’
- ‘He dreams of becoming a cricketer.’
- ‘My dad was a very fine cricketer, good enough to turn professional.’
- ‘He was a very successful county cricketer.’
- ‘The phenomenal level of concentration required by top level cricketers is something that impresses me no end.’
- ‘The life of a professional cricketer is tough.’
- ‘I get enjoyment from playing alongside lads who are trying to become professional cricketers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.