One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who plays cricket.‘he is a very young and talented cricketer’
- ‘My dad was a very fine cricketer, good enough to turn professional.’
- ‘The life of a professional cricketer is tough.’
- ‘Our test cricketers had scored an impressive run of victories.’
- ‘He dreams of becoming a cricketer.’
- ‘He is a New Zealand cricketer who bowls right-hand fast-medium.’
- ‘I was sometimes playing against former test cricketers.’
- ‘The phenomenal level of concentration required by top level cricketers is something that impresses me no end.’
- ‘He was a very successful county cricketer.’
- ‘I get enjoyment from playing alongside lads who are trying to become professional cricketers.’
- ‘Although this is supposed to be the off season for our leading cricketers, some of them are playing county cricket in England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.