One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adjustable wrench designed to grip hexagonal nuts, with an adjusting screw fitted in the crescent-shaped head of the wrench.
- ‘This wrench, sometimes know as the crescent wrench, is invaluable when working with taps and faucets.’
- ‘Then bolt the lag screws in, using a socket or crescent wrench.’
- ‘You may want to hang a crescent wrench next to the main valve to avoid searching for the tool in an emergency.’
- ‘Step 2: Remove the supply lines with a crescent wrench.’
- ‘You can use a large crescent wrench to twist the hardware.’
- ‘Just getting into the thing requires two crescent wrenches and a jar of Vaseline.’
- ‘Tighten down the coupling nut onto the valve using two crescent wrenches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.