One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Form (a Creole language) from the contact of two languages.‘a creolized variety of French’
- ‘The creolised form of the language that evolved was given the name Tetum Praca; praca is Portuguese for marketplace.’
- ‘This is a highly creolized archive - a patrimony that resists any simple fixing of national identity.’
- ‘This Christian orientation, however, is a creolized one that changes as we move up the class hierarchy.’
- ‘What evolved was a partially creolised form of Dutch which became the mother tongue not only of the Cape Dutch minority, but also of the non-white majority of the population.’
- ‘No doubt, this new humanitarianism also reflected the fact that the missionaries now preached to an increasingly creolized population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.