One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Form (a Creole language) from the contact of two languages.‘a creolized variety of French’
- ‘The creolised form of the language that evolved was given the name Tetum Praca; praca is Portuguese for marketplace.’
- ‘This is a highly creolized archive - a patrimony that resists any simple fixing of national identity.’
- ‘This Christian orientation, however, is a creolized one that changes as we move up the class hierarchy.’
- ‘No doubt, this new humanitarianism also reflected the fact that the missionaries now preached to an increasingly creolized population.’
- ‘What evolved was a partially creolised form of Dutch which became the mother tongue not only of the Cape Dutch minority, but also of the non-white majority of the population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.