One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are smooth, with a slight silvery sheen on the grooved upper surface, sculptured with raised veins on the convex lower surface, and with a few crenations on the margins.’
- ‘Marine amoebae are not in danger of lysis or crenation because seawater and their cytoplasm are isotonic.’
- ‘Leaf shape is somewhat variable in Swamp White Oak in terms of how shallow or deep the spaces are between the crenations or lobes on the margin.’
- ‘Moreover, the present invention will prevent the destruction of red blood cells accelerated by the crenation.’
- ‘Their small crenations guaranteed an easy perforation of skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.