One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are smooth, with a slight silvery sheen on the grooved upper surface, sculptured with raised veins on the convex lower surface, and with a few crenations on the margins.’
- ‘Marine amoebae are not in danger of lysis or crenation because seawater and their cytoplasm are isotonic.’
- ‘Their small crenations guaranteed an easy perforation of skin.’
- ‘Moreover, the present invention will prevent the destruction of red blood cells accelerated by the crenation.’
- ‘Leaf shape is somewhat variable in Swamp White Oak in terms of how shallow or deep the spaces are between the crenations or lobes on the margin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.